Friday, June 8, 2012

MISSISSIPPI ARTIST DONATES TO WAMA GALA 2012

 The painted piece above is one of Walter Andersons. How can you not appreciate his love of color compositions and natural style. Walter is one of our infamous Mississippi artists. His story and life  was as colorful as his work. I think you would enjoy knowing more about him and his work. If you are, follow this link, it will get you started>

 Moana & the Spirit Turtle Decanter
Authentic American sackettdoodles Numbered Series Collection
WAMA, the Walter Anderson Museum of Art, has a yearly Gala where accomplished artists are acknowledged and invited to participate by offering a donation of their works. WAMA 2012 April Gala theme was Walter Anderson's Life on the islands. When I was approached to be apart of the event it was suggested from one of the museums chairpersons that one of my turtle pieces would fit right in with the theme honoring Walters life's works and style. The bottle above was a custom designed and painted piece just for that event and was an auctioned piece signed, numbered & dated
It also included a coordinating 'reverse' painted beveled base plate
(not shown)
I read an article this morning from yesterdays local newspaper that six (6) species of sea turtles are in the Endangered Species Act 
and it is recorded that in the last 2 years over 1,100 turtles were discovered dead on the Gulf Coast shores.....the shores of my home waters.
Everything in the universe is connected.....'and as the sea turtles go, so do humans'.
I did not choose the sea turtle to be my art totem, it choose me in the month of April over two years ago....
but I will save that story for you and share it at another time......
It's raining here now; I can hear it at my windows, so I am going to go out under the patio and bask in its presence. I love the rain...........
~Wishing you a marvelous weekend~




No comments:

Post a Comment